You are probably wondering what the heck I even mean by vibrational frequency, so let’s back up a minute before we begin to talk about raising it.
We are all made of energy.
Just like we have physiological systems (muscular, skeletal, endocrine, etc), we all have energy systems. We are not just this physical body. Our presence doesn’t end at our skin, there is an energy field around all of us.
And this energy we are made up can get bogged down and gunked up from emotional traumas, abuse, heartache, and stress from our lives. Other people’s energy can get stuck on ours just by being in contact with them. Energetic patterns are inherited simply by coming from a certain bloodline or family unit where the negative energy need to be consciously released and healed or it will be passed on to your children.
Although it has many factors and influences, your vibration is not a set thing, at any point you can choose to increase your vibration.
If you are Christian, it may help you to think about it the way I do: Jesus has a really high vibration, while the devil or evil has a really low vibration. Everyone else is somewhere along the spectrum of vibration. I put my intention on being as Christ like as I can, bringing my energy vibration up to His level as much as I can.
When you are feeling drained, tired, impatient, hot headed, or sad, your vibration is lower. If you are feeling lost, uncentered and unbalanced, part of it is because your vibration is low. Have you ever noticed how you feel yucky after going to the mall? Bumping up against so many other people’s energy can make us tired and feel yucky. Saging is a great way to clear energetic gunk in your system or house, and don’t forget to sage your computer – all kinds of yucky energy can come through email and certain websites or articles.
When you feel secure, confident, peaceful, creative, powerful, and connected, your vibration is running high. If you feel like you are on track and things are lining up for you, it means you are connected, on the right path, and your vibration is high. Certain places and activities make you feel better by raising your vibrational energy. Have you ever noticed how great you feel after being in nature or in a church? Your gunk got cleared and you feel uplifted and light!
Plus, because like attracts like, if you’re walking around with low vibrational energy, you’re gonna get more low vibrational energy brought into your life. But if you are walking around with high vibrational energy, you get more high vibrational energy surrounding you!
After learning how you feel when you have a high vibration, now you know why you want to raise your vibrational frequency. It just feels good.
So, how do you raise your vibrational frequency?
- Get moving. Dancing, yoga, Tai Chi, walking, anything works, just get your energy flowing, moving and getting anything unstuck and stagnant to move along.
- Go into nature. The vibration of nature and the outdoors is very high, same as plants, so just being in its presence will raise your vibration by default. And the earth and nature have amazing abilities to take away your negative energy and transmute it. So sitting in grass, or leaning against a tree, visualize the earth clearing your negative energy and then giving back to you high vibrations that are healing and restorative.
- Take a bath with salt or get in the ocean. Salt is very cleansing, clearing and healing, so it helps clean out any energetic junk stuck to you and weighing you down. It also helps you connect to Earth’s energy, and can increase your energy straight from the Earth, similarly to how being in nature will ground and clear your energy.
- Eat green plants. Plants have a high vibration, especially ones you have grown yourself and tended to lovingly and then humbly and graciously asked permission to use some of the plant for your needs. Consuming the plant raises your vibration, so try adding green smoothies to your diet.
- Sing/Listen to music. I don’t know quite how or why this works, but it does. Playing a crystal bowl or a Tibetan singing bowl works well, too.
- Laugh. Laughter is so healing, it can raise your vibration and increase endorphins, instantly making you feel happier. I watch as much comedy as possible and am always on the hunt for a funny article or clip online.
- Pray/meditate. Take a moment to sit quietly and put your attention on your breath. If you pray, invite in God, the Holy Spirit, Jesus, Mother Mary, Angels (Archangels and Guardians), or whoever you pray to, to heal, clear and raise your vibration.
- Affirmations- your mind is so powerful. So simply saying a few commands and statements can instantly shift your vibration.
If you don’t have any affirmations, here are two of my favorites:
I release negativity and expel its residue from my body. I will carry only love.
I am surrounded by the white light of love. I ask to be a clear vessel for God’s energy, spreading love and blessings wherever I go.
I am happy. I am healed.
Raising your vibration will help you shine your light bright. Your light will always conquer darkness if it is bright enough.