Crystal Powers: Amethyst Crystal For Protection

Amethyst crystal for protection and healing

amethyst 2 760

When I was 18 I started apprenticing and training with an energy healer and medical intuitive. I trained with her for many years and I became a Certified Reiki Master. One of the many things I learned during my training and certification process was how to use crystals for healing.

I know it can sound so hokey, and honestly, I am pretty terrified to write about this stuff. Working with energy and crystals is something I have done for 13 years, but I am still highly embarrassed by it and afraid of people judging me or calling me crazy for it. The Pope is not exactly a fan of it either, although I don’t get how herbs and acupuncture are OK, but crystals are not approved. Anyhoo, the older I get, the more confident I get in my healing abilities and knowledge of healing properties, and my desire to help other people overrides my fear of being embarrassed or judged. But still, this is uncomfortable for me.  And for the record, I am the kind of healer, that prays before I work with clients and I ask the God, Jesus Christ and Holy Spirit work through me and use me as a vessel to do their healing work.  I don’t for one second think that I have healing powers in and of myself.  It’s all God’s work and I am just a vessel.

Crystals, like plants and herbs (all things from the earth made by God), have different healing properties to them.

Amethyst is used for the transmutation of negative energy and protection. I have a big amethyst rock by my front door and my back door to protect my home from any negative energy that may come into it from other people visiting, or from negative energy from other people attaching to my family’s energy bodies.  I also have amethyst crystals under my bed and Penelope’s, along with a couple of others that help promote restful sleep.

Amethyst helps to bring calmness and clarity where there is anxiety and confusion. Wear Amethyst if you want to get in touch with your intuition, your feelings, or your values. Amethyst helps one learn of all things spiritual, mystic, and psychic.

If you use crystals in your home for healing or protection, remember you will need to clear your crystals every couple of months.  I do this by burying my crystals in my garden for a couple of days.  The earth will transmute any negative energy accumulating into the crystal.  Then give them a good wash with warm water and they are ready to get back to work.

For more information about crystals for healing check out my other post here and this is my favorite book for detailed information.   And if you buy a crystal from EnergyMuse.com they give M+BL readers 20% off,  just the code MBLOVE.

So do you think I am cray-cray?  Or have you experienced the healing properties of amethyst yourself?

Comments

1. I am new to your blog and really enjoy your posts. I have always admired the beauty of amethyst, but was really not aware of the healing powers. We use a lot of herbs at my home, so I should give it a try. Couldn’t we all use some help with anxiety and negativity? Thanks for writing this!

2. Love is in the Earth! Its wonderful to hear about the practices you use to honor the earth and protect your family. I believe in the power of thoughts to manifest reality, and prefer to focus on practices that are harmless to others, and protective to those I love. I love and collect crystals, and look forward to incorporating more intention into my usage!

3. I have no experience with this, but I’m very interested! I’ve always loved amethyst and have a few pieces at my house. I’d love to have a huge one by the front door– great idea! Very interesting topic and I’d love to hear about other crystals you use.

4. Stephanie, I have to say, I’m a skeptic. It sounds like decorative rocks to me. BUT, I am all about keeping my family well, healthy and pretty awesome. If that means I stash some crystals around my house, so be it. What else do you know about the crystals?

• I will have to do some more cyrstal posts soon, but even if you are not a full believer, they are pretty to look at and certainly wont hurt anything!

5. lia dominique andress says:

far from cray cray.

love you :)

6. Katrina says:

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for the info! Can you recommend a good source for purchasing Crystals?

• I don’t know a good online source. I have always bought them locally from metaphysical bookstore type places. I will do some more research and get back to you if I find something, great question.

• Katrina says:

Thanks for responding! Found a promising looking shop not too far away. Take care, and God bless!

7. Jennifer says:

Ohh please do more posts like these! We use crystals and I love to learn about what others are using. My daughter (just turned 1 and picks out her own crystals – so adorable to watch!) wears an amber necklace everyday, she has a rose quartz & celestite in her room. I wear amber, hematite & black tourmaline in a little pouch when I need a little “protection”. We also have a amethyst too! We clear ours out with sage though, but now that our weather is getting a little nicer maybe I will try putting them in the ground.

Love your blog, I’ve never commented before but you have helped me and taught me so many things since I found your crockpot meals on Pinterest about a year ago.

• Thank you so much for your comment. Some days I feel like no cares what I say or that everyone thinks I am a huge wierdo. I will def do more crystal posts! Love that you let your daughter pick out her own, Penelope does that too. It really is fascinating to watch them pick out exactly what they need.

8. While I don’t practice anything like this, I am always fascinated by it! I would be interested in learning more, do you have links to any sites you recommend? At the very least, they are beautiful!

• I am so suprised by the response this post got! I will definetly do a follow up post with more information and resources for those that are interested. Thanks so much for reading.

• Agreed, would definately love to have some resources and more information!

9. Samantha Shaw says:

I am Pagan so the Earth is an amazing, wonderful thing to be loved and worshiped. :) I absolutely love this post and don’t think you’re crazy at all. :)

10. Hi. I’ve been following your blog for sometime now. I am so glad you posted this because I am learning Reiki and have been attuned to level 2. I don’t use crystals or even know much about them but my Reiki Master uses them. The last time we had a healing session she placed Herkimer Diamonds in my hands. I felt the energy right off. I was amazed. Now, after reading your post, I want Amethyst. lol.

11. Stephanie, I have never met anyone else who does this! I got a really great deal on an amethyst like the one in your photo, and I put it on my forehead when I have a migraine. It helps. It really does!

12. AmeliaBluebelle says:

Hi Stephanie,

It definitely sounds hokey to me. Then I remind myself that I was first drawn to you because you ate your placenta in a taco shell and occasionally talk like a rapper, so who am I to judge?!?

I am curious – and will probably begin googling before I even get a response for you – what is it that gives the rocks their power? Is it something to do with the minerals? And the bit about clearing out the crystal really sounds out there to me.

I’m definitely not writing it off, just need more information! Thanks for always giving us something interesting to think about!

• Oh that made me laugh! I do love rap music!
      It’s a long answer, and probably I should another blog post about it. But basiscally we are all energy, and when we are sick or stressed our energy is unbalanced and out of harmony. So any healing modality is about bringing you back into balance. So crystals have a balanced, high vibrational energy, and a specific type of harmony. So you would use a crystal for what you are lacking or have unbalanced or need help with releasing something.

13. So if a kid is off the charts anxious (about everything and nothing) wearing amythyst might help or is there a different crystal that would work better?

• Your best bet, is to take your kid to the store that sells crystals in your town. Then let them pick out what crystals they want. Some for wearing in their pocket at school, and some to put under their bed or pillow to help them sleep. I would also look into EFT/Tapping, it is amazing for specific or general anxiety and is easy enough for kids to do themselves.

14. Christine says:

Hi Stephanie,
    I am so happy to read about the power of crystals. Yes, they do contain energy from the earth and I use them in many ways around my home. I built a new home 5 years ago and put amethyst crystals directly into the foundation of my house for eternal protection. My home has a definite feeling of calmness that many people have commented on. I am about to build another home and have a wide assortment of crystals to put in the structure.

15. I have two beautiful pieces of amethyst on my desk in my classroom. I wish they had calming or healing powers! It gets pretty crazy and stressful in there. If amethyst is special, what about all the other varieties of silicon dioxide? It’s one to the major rock forming minerals on earth so it’s literally everywhere!

Love you Steph!

• That is great! Maybe they just need to be cleared more often. But that is great you have them on your desk, they probably protect you more than you realize. You could try saging your classroom too. Maybe once a week on a Friday before you leave for the weekend, although be warned it does have a smokey smell and I am sure your students would have a hey day if they thought you were toking it up in the classroom. :) Love you too!

Oh and I am not sure, which crystals are also silicon dioxide, I don’t know them by their geologist smarty pants names like you. :) I am gonna do a follow up post soon, so I will find out.

16. Bethanie says:

I am preparing for a normal childbirth and using crystals to prep. I have a rainbow moonstone crystal and jasper Venus figure.

17. Love this post :) Any books you can recommend on the subject?

18. i would love to learn more. and where do you purchase the crystals

19. I definitely do not think you are a cray-cray, as I believe in energy healing and well, everything is energy. Very helpful post.

20. Christa says:

Hi Stephanie,

I just wanted to say thank you for writing about this very real subject. I rarely speak of the healing aspects of myself for fear of that look I usually get. I’m sure you know the one. No, you’re not crazy. When we have the courage to speak our truths it gives others permission to do the same. I hope you do post more on this! Thank you.

• I am so impressed with the response and comments. Such a feeling of relief! I can’t wait to share more with everyone! Thanks so much for the encouragement.

21. Oh my!!! I love this!!! I have been super curious and so glad to see someone I trust write about them!! I’m curious as well to find out where to purchase/how to use/with homebirth:pregnancy:our littles/ can’t wait for the follow up post!!! Xoxo

22. Veronica says:

I loved this post! I am very curious about how to use crystals in my life and this was super helpful! I would love to see more! Where would one purchase crystals?

• I don’t know of a good online place, but usually there is a metaphysical bookstore near by in larger cities that you could find cyrstals there. I will search for a good online source and let everyone know in the follow up post. :)

23. great post :) One can always find a gem/rock show they travel and you can find larger crystals there too. And don’t forget about wearing gemstones for greater protection and intention. Moonstone is a fantastic stone of feminine energy and fertility. In my jewelry line I now have intention charms of beautiful different stones. You can also recharge the energy of the stone, by leaving it out in the full moon.

24. About ten years ago (while I had never been taught about the healing power of crystals), I was going through a difficult time. I saw a jade necklace and said to myself that the necklace would heal me. Looking back and now knowing a little bit about crystals, I think it is amazing how we instinctively know what is good for us. I recently picked up a Dalmatian jasper bracelet that I was drawn to and am loving it.

25. rochelle says:

Hi , this is the first time i’ve read your blog. I’m doing renos on my house…it’s been over 2 years including the planning. I had lots of bad luck-bad contractors, designers my house is butchered up. What crystals can I use to heal the house and clear negative energy?

• I would actually recommend saging the house before investing in crystals. Search for my sage post that will tell you how to do it. Just sage the crap out of your house, every day for a week. Outside too, around doors, porches, yard etc. Then I would get some amethyst to put around your house. I put my biggest ones by main doors, to protect what is coming into my house from other people.

26. i totally do NOT think you’re cray cray. i’m about to move into a new home and i want to clean it and place some key crystals around my home. there was a time when i was assisting a shaman – basically making her vegan food and dusting crystals – it was rad. i’m getting the book you suggested because i want to learn more. and just sent your blog link to some of my mama friends…