I learned this recipe years ago at a Mule Day party. If you know what Mule Day is, you get a special prize.
Long before I even started cooking, or had the courage to get into the kitchen in try things, I would always ask people how they made stuff. I collected recipes for fun, even though I couldn’t cook.
This dip is very easy. Some artichoke recipes call for cream cheese and spinach and that will certainly taste good too. But this is a recipe you can usually whip together with no planning or preparation, if you need to bring a side dish to a party last minute.
- 1 jar of organic artichoke hearts, finely chopped (even organic cans have BPA in them)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (remember good fats are good for you! Get organic mayo made with olive oil)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes or cayenne, and then I usually add cumin, ginger, or mustard and black pepper and I experiment with different flavor combinations.
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- a couple of dashes of hot sauce
- Mix together and put in some sort of oven safe baking dish
- Sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top to get crispy
- Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown