I saw this recipe a several weeks ago and it looked really yummy, but as usual I wanted to do my own spin on it and make it healthy. I had a ton of tomatoes from my garden to use up and I thought it would be a perfect recipe to use them up! The recipe below will make two dinners.
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 or 2 jalapeno peppers
- 4 scallions coarsely, chopped
- sea salt and ground pepper
- grass fed butter
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- Sprouted whole wheat or corn tortillas
- 2 cups homemade salsa or finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups of shredded raw cheddar cheese
- To cook heat oven to 350 and bake for 30 minutes
Check out the video (remember I am still getting the hang of this video thing! I totally forgot that shooting in vertical mode is a no-no, whoops!) for directions on assembly.
Hope you like it!