The other day, I saw this recipe and thought that it looked really yummy, but with all that regular white pasta it was not very healthy or nutritious. By switching out the pasta for sweet potatoes, you add a ton of nutrients and vitamins and eliminate empty calories from the starch/sugar of the pasta and the anti-nutrients, such as phytic acid, found in pasta.
So as usual when I see a recipe, I tweak it to make it my own and make it healthy. When I am experimenting, only the best recipes make it to the blog, because honestly I am learning about cooking as I go along, but this one is a star!
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 pound of bacon
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- Slice your sweet potato with a mandoline slicer
- Mix cream, cheese and eggs together in a bowl, set aside
- Cook your bacon and transfer to a paper towel
- Leave the bacon grease in your pan!
- Add the sweet potatoes and cook them in the bacon grease
- As the sweet potatoes are cooking, crumble your bacon
- After potatoes have cooked for about 5 minutes, add mixture of cream, cheese and eggs to the pan
- Stir to coat the sweet potatoes well, cook for a few more minutes and you are done
Remember, butter and bacon are the good guys, don’t be skerred. :)
Oh, and here is a little video of me explaining a bit more why this recipe is healthy. I am going to try to make video posts a regular thing. I have grand plans for my YouTube channel and editing my videos, but I am just not there yet. They will get better, promise!