SO excited to annouce that my Slow Cooker Freezer Meal ecookbook is on it’s way. I can’t make any promises, because you know how life goes, but hopefully I will launch it in about a month!
It will have lots of new recipes! It will also include all the classic recipes too. It will have grocery lists, nutrition/calorie information, and super-duper cute labels that you can print out and put on your bags.
If you are a blogger and would like to become an affiliate please email me at email@example.com.
And just as a little teaser, here is a new recipe, Ginger-Cranberry Pork Roast. This one is probably my absolute favorite that I have come up with so far.
photo credit: Renee Whiting, Nana’s Empty Nest.
- 2 pork roasts
- 2 12-ounce package fresh cranberries or 2 cans of whole cranberries
- 1 cup peeled and sliced or minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons rapadura sugar
- 2 tablespoons of quick cooking tapioca or some other thickening agent
- 1 cup[filtered water
- Dump all ingredients (except water) into two separate one gallon bags
- Label and put in freezer
- Day of cooking dump contents of bag into slow cooker, add the water
- Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours, or until fully cooked
Remember each slow cooker is different, so the first time you make a recipe, really watch it so you don’t over or under cook it.
Serve with sauteed broccoli in lots of butter. I cook frozen broccoli this way, no need to thaw, just dump frozen broccoli into a hot pan with hot butter and it is delicious.
Hope you like it as much as me!
If you are interested in more slow cooker freezer recipes check out my cookbook From Your Freezer To Your Family, Slow Cooker Freezer Recipes. And you also might want to get on my email newsletter list, to be the first to know (and have exclusive access to discounts) when my second slow cooker freezer recipe cookbook comes out later this year.
Also, here is a clip from a live cooking segment on the local news about this recipe: