Penelope is a mildly picky eater. She wont eat everything that is put in front of her like she did when she was a baby (we did baby led weaning), but there are still plenty of healthy and nutritious things she will eat.
Here are her Top 10:
1. Eggs. Scrambled, fried, hard boiled, or raw in her smoothie. She eats about 2 to 3 eggs a day.
2. Steak. She is not a fan of chicken, but she will eat an entire steak for dinner.
3. Hotdogs. I know this may be questionable, but I personally think it is fine. I buy organic with no nitrates and I peel the skin.
4. Smoothies. She gets a smoothie most every day.
5. Fruit. She loves apples, bananas and all kinds of berries, frozen and fresh.
6. Almonds. She likes almonds and pecans. I soak them and dehydrate them to make them easier to digest and give her about a handful when she wants them.
7. Cheese. I wish she would eat raw cheese, but I have not found a flavor that she likes. She will only eat mossarezzla string cheese. Which has some protien and nutrients in it, but because it’s processed it really lacks the vitamins and nutrients of raw cheese. But I figure it’s a better snack than chedder bunnies.
8. Raw Milk. Once I night weaned her, she started requesting cow’s milk. I give her about 2 sippy cups full of raw milk a day. I made the mistake of letting her have some Horizon Organic vanilla flavored milk at Starbucks one day and now I have to put a bit of it in her raw milk. So I mix about an ounce of the Horizon vanilla in with her cup of raw milk.
9. Fish Nuggets. When she was a baby she would eat baked salmon, but not anymore. I found some wild caught, Alaskan fish nuggets that are Gluten Free and she LOVES them.
10. Brocolli. Sautéed in a ridiculous amount of butter. She will eat like 2 cups worth when I fix it. But it has to be fresh, she wont eat it heated up the next day.
She also loves to eat soup, and on occasion: bacon, sausage, butter straight with a spoon, yogurt bites with probiotics, guacamole (but not avocados) Go Raw granola bars (sprouted and soaked grains) and the random vegetable other than broccoli, asparagus and corn mostly, and the occasional organic Elmo cracker or veggie sticks chips.
What does your toddler’s eating habits like? Is there anything you wish he/she ate? I wish Penelope still ate fried bananas! Oh, and liver pate. She used to love her some liver pate, now she hates it. :(