I found this recipe in a magazine several months ago and tweaked it a bit to make it our own. It has become a family favorite and we make it at least once a month. And now that Penelope is trying meat, she gets to eat a little bit of everything on the pizza, except for the goats cheese. Remember the pizza I was talking about on my first post about Once a Month Cooking? Well, this is it.
It is so yummy. And healthy. And substantial. It will fill you up and leave you feeling satisfied. And it is EASY to make!
- Pizza dough
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes or 1 big tomato chopped up
- 1 onion, chopped.
- 1 package goat cheese
- First saute the onions, then add the mushrooms.
- Continue cooking until tender
- Set the onions and mushrooms aside to brown the meat in the same pan
- Flavor the meat with a meat spice mix of your choice
- Once the meat is browned, add the vegetables back in and also add the tomatoes
- Mix all together and hen put on top of your pizza dough
- Lastly, add the goat cheese
- Bake in the oven, at whatever the directions on the pizza dough say - usually at 400 degrees for 15 minutes